RunDurance, throughout their entire 2017 schedule of races and sporting events will donate a portion of every registration to IMAGINE.
RunDurance starts their 2017 schedule of events with a 5K race on February 5, 2017 at North Collier Regional Park.
To register for the race visit www.rundurance.org.
Join us on Super Bowl Sunday morning and lets race for IMAGINE's kids.
Children will learn the importance of nutrition and exercise to mental health, along with the coping tools needed to overcome their emotional trauma symptoms. These are skills that they can use their entire lives.
Based on decades of treating children and current research, IMAGINE'S professional staff will offer specialized treatment to improve children's ability to recover from emotional trauma and to lead healthy and productive lives.
Traumatized children will have psychological treatment and education to enable them to benefit from and participate with their community and school in positive and healthy ways.
As the director of IMAGINE, I will use my twenty-five years of licensed counseling experience and research to improve a child's mental and physical health, and to help improve their choices, self-esteem and social interaction with family and friends. Children deserve to feel happy, to learn, be loved and to want to give back to others."
Molly Barrow, PhD
* Every other hour there is another youth suicide
* 11% of children suffer from ADHD
* One in forty-two young boys has Autism, up 30% from one year ago
* 10-15% of children suffer from depression
* 30% of children may have a sleep disorder
* Nearly 10% of children are addicted to the Internet and video games
* 15% of children 12-17 drink alcohol
* 10% of children 12-17 use illicit drugs
* Children who learn about the risk of alcohol and drugs are 50% less likely to use them
* 25% of children suffer from test anxiety
* PTSD effects the entire family
* One out of four military kids considers suicide
* One in three children reports that he or she has been bullied
MOLLY BARROW, PHD,
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, MH002319